PE Summit. Out of the hallway and into the living room.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
The first picture shows the Summit installed with the molding just laying up against the wall. This is what was around the original fireplace. The clearances weren't enough, so I cut away some of the paneling and added the marble tile. I'm going to buy another piece of molding to fit and also some molding for my carpet protector/hearth. The second picture shows the molding gone. this is how I'm using it until I can get the right size molding

Note the semi hidden door in the paneling to the left of the stove. It's a wood pass through. It actually has a door on the outside of the house to load wood. I welded the door shut after I got broken into. They didn't get in that way, but they could have. It's a still a cool place to store kindling.

Attachments

• P1010106a.jpg
    P1010106a.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 667
  • P1010114a.jpg
    P1010114a.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 669
Looks great!!!!!!! Another toasty Summit.
The white carpet has got to be a groan to keep clean.

Absolutely beautiful setup. Congrats on the stove and the good work installing it.

OK, there is always someone that will kibitz the pic of a new install. But you need to move the extinguisher. Not good to have that pressurized hand grenade sitting where the heat from the stove can warm it up.

Best to keep a stove room extinguisher at the entrance door to the room the stove is in so if, heaven forbid, you ever need it you can grab it on the way into the room.

Nice install Karl,enjoy the heat.BTW,has the old dog gotten any closer to the stove yet?

Looks very nice and toasty warm too. I have to agree with BB, extinguishers should be close to the entry / exit of the room. Easy to grab if you walk into a bad situation and easy to grab if you're in a hurry to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.