PE T6 Surround?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaron

Mar 16, 2008
Adams County, Ohio
So I finally bought the T6... and now I'm trying to find something nice to put up as a surround. Faux stone or some such? But I'm having a hard time finding anything on google, etc. Anyone know of anything? If so, how much is it?

Thanks!

Congratulations Ron. So where is the project at this point? Did you block off the fireplace opening and remove the mantle as originally planned? A stone veneer can look very sharp. If you're looking for inspiration go through Craig's photo gallery. You'll see stone walls, slate walls, tiles, bricks and more.

https://www.hearth.com/gallery/pics/woodcoal/index.html - navigation is at the top of the page

The mantle is removed, the fireplace is about to be blocked up. The T6 is sitting, forlorn, in my dining room.

We're tiling the entire floor of the room it will be in. The rest of the walls are drywall with wallpaper, and we want to have the section of wall this is on to be a faux stone or faux brick. I don't have the time/money/inclination to have someone come in and do real stone/rock/brick. I love some of the surrounds people have in the galleries; where do you find the river-rock look and/or brick look? I see some at Lowe's, but none of the associates know if the items are heat resistant, and I don't want to install a fire hazard!

I have linked an example from the galleries for a style that I love!

Thanks tons for your help, as always.
-Scott

NOT MINE - WHAT I WANT
quad.jpg

NOT MINE - WHAT I WANT

I remember that shot, but don't remember whose Quad it was. Check out this site for info. There are lots of options. I like the dressed fieldstone:

http://www.culturedstone.com/products/stone.asp

The T6 has great clearances. As long as you place it more than 4" from the wall I think you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.