PE True North TN19

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverLogger

Sep 2, 2009
Western Oregon
Okay, I have done all the searching I can and I started a few conversations with people here that have this stove but am reaching out as far as possible for reviews on this stove.

Here are my concerns:

Draft/Air intake adjustment lever seems cheesy and thin metal.

Actual door opening seems small.

Will I get overnight burns? (I currently do with my 13NC)

How do you get dust from chimney sweep off the ceramic board covering the baffles? (from looking at the stove it seems the airwash tubes are not removable?)

Thanks all for the input. I'm 90% sure this is the stove I want, I just have these concerns.

Last edited:
The draft mechanism is the same one used in all PE stoves, and has proven itself to be pretty bulletproof.

The door opening is plenty big for North-South loading, which is how the True North is designed to burn.

The True North will easily hold a fire all night.

Baffle removal instructions appear on page 6 of the manual at http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/pemanualtruenorth.pdf

The draft mechanism is the same one used in all PE stoves, and has proven itself to be pretty bulletproof.

The door opening is plenty big for North-South loading, which is how the True North is designed to burn.

The True North will easily hold a fire all night.

Baffle removal instructions appear on page 6 of the manual at http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/pemanualtruenorth.pdf

Thanks for the information and the baffle removal instructions. I really like the specs on this stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.