PE True North

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetmech

Dec 8, 2007
Dillsburg PA
Was at local stove shop today looking at Super 27s and such and found a stove called True North. 1.9 cu ft fire box designed for north south loading.. Very plain looking steel stove made by PE. has tube secondarys and option to put side panels for closer clearances. All and All not a bad looking stove, it was 995.00 out the door, also i think it had option for a blower as well. would have loved to see it burning but it wasnt hooked up. maybe next visit

Thanks for the info, did you take a picture or two? They added the pellet stove and True North in 2010, but it's curious that they still haven't provided a link to the TN on their website. I don't recall a report here on one yet. Are you thinking of getting one?

truenorth.jpg

8229d3e_20.jpeg

Be Green, i actually am looking for a larger stove and was looking at the super 27 when this one caught my eye.. it is a smaller stove with a lot of firebox,, i didnt even think of photos.. im going back to see it burning in week or two, i will try to take a pic then. its plain looking but a great price for what seems like a well built 1.9 stove

Thanks for the photos BAR, thats the stove isaw.. it had the legs

jetmech said:
Be Green, i actually am looking for a larger stove and was looking at the super 27 when this one caught my eye.. it is a smaller stove with a lot of firebox,, i didnt even think of photos.. im going back to see it burning in week or two, i will try to take a pic then. its plain looking but a great price for what seems like a well built 1.9 stove

Cool, I'd like to see the secondary rack. Is there a ceramic board on top of the secondaries?

There are 4 secondary tubes and there is a white block above them i take it that is the ceramic you are talking about.

Very pretty for a basic stove, IMO. Nicely done!

Looks like a shot aimed right at Quad - except the handle is on the wrong side... :)

precaud said:
Looks like a shot aimed right at Quad - except the handle is on the wrong side... :)

Or a certain stove made in Monroe, VA. That has the handle on the correct side.

Sorry PE. The 30 will kick its butt. :lol:

Nah, they're not going after the 30; not enough cubes to compete. This is just PE looking at the midstream of the market and saying "Yeah, we can make one like that too."

That PE is reaching down in price, tells me that they've hit a wall in terms of improving their existing product line. And those stainless secondary boxes aren't going to get any cheaper to make...

Yes, I don't think this model is aimed at the 30NC at all. 13NC maybe, but I suspect it is more a competitor for the midsized Napoleons and SBI stoves.

Got ten bucks that say they show up at Canadian Tire stores. PE can't be missing all of those stoves flying out the doors there.

If you wanted to piss off and lose half of your dealers up north, that would be one way to do it...

precaud said:
If you wanted to piss off and lose half of your dealers up north, that would be one way to do it...

Two words. IBM and Compaq.

Nah. PE doesn't want to be duking it out with Napoleon and SBI in the box stores. That would kill their quality image. That would be like Jotul offering the F602 and F118 to Lowes. PE needs to be in shops that represent their products knowledgeably and do quality installs, not competing on the last dime.

The stove is real and I take it that they are exploring new territory. Perhaps that is why they haven't put this line on their website?

We shall see. The Super 27 ain't that much more expensive. There is a market that they wanna play in.

precaud said:
http://www.pacificenergy.net/whatsnew2010/true_north.html

Correction, on the front door of their website. Even this linked page doesn't say much at all.

jetmech said:
Was at local stove shop today looking at Super 27s and such and found a stove called True North. 1.9 cu ft fire box designed for north south loading.. Very plain looking steel stove made by PE. has tube secondarys and option to put side panels for closer clearances. All and All not a bad looking stove, it was 995.00 out the door, also i think it had option for a blower as well. would have loved to see it burning but it wasnt hooked up. maybe next visit

How long/narrow was it?

I load my Spectrum Classic N/S as do both my buddies with Pacific inserts. . .

Must be the same size as the T5 (also a N/S Loader).

So whats the difference between this and the Super 27?

Status
Not open for further replies.