PE Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daryl

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
Western WI
Well it sounds like PE has been busy in the R&D department. They are going to offer The T series stoves in enamel. Also a T series insert.They are also testing a step top pellet stove that looks like there wood stove.
They are also going to introduce a new line called True North a budget line that will use inferior tube type secondary combustion (Their words not mine) sounds like it will have a firebox size between the Vista & Super 27. Retail of around a $1000.
Good to see a bigger player coming up with a budget stove and improving there existing line.

Good to see a bigger player coming up with a budget stove and improving there existing line.

I'll second that...and suggest they dust off their Roget's Thesaurus for something other than 'inferior'.

savageactor7 said:

I'll second that...and suggest they dust off their Roget's Thesaurus for something other than 'inferior'.

In their eyes it is inferior to the existing SS baffle system they have on their other stoves. I bet they well not offer a lifetime warranty on the tubes.

Nice, I always wondered why they didn't come out with the enamel T series in the first place? It should be a good seller.

Todd said:
Nice, I always wondered why they didn't come out with the enamel T series in the first place? It should be a good seller.

It will be nice to have another furniture grade stove to show. Should be a good seller.

selling enamel stoves is a little rough: customers never want the colour you have in stock... and some colors are such a dog... for example: If you know anyone who wants a few yrs old, but still brand new never been used, blue PE spectrum on the cheap, lemme know ' cause that color never flew for us. Same for a Bordeaux VC encore, and the Jotul iron enamel #3cb...it's like we can't give those things away...

Resiburner said:
Well it sounds like PE has been busy in the R&D department. They are going to offer The T series stoves in enamel. Also a T series insert.They are also testing a step top pellet stove that looks like there wood stove.
They are also going to introduce a new line called True North a budget line that will use inferior tube type secondary combustion (Their words not mine) sounds like it will have a firebox size between the Vista & Super 27. Retail of around a $1000.

I've been waiting for this announcement, groan, especially if they have the Alderlea in blue-black enamel. It was explained to me that they were testing various enameling methods, but were not happy with the quality of some processes. Seems they have found one that satisfies their standard. Regardless, I am not looking forward to moving that beast.

the pe R&D guys are quite particular about their stoves... the step top pellet unit, for example, has actually been a working model for some time, and some dealers are gonna get some test models to beat on and see how good they really will be (It has been said thru the grapevine we might get one!)... word is if there are any problems, they will axe the whole project altogether.. The T series insert has been talked about for a while, too, but they have been nitpicking about a couple little items on it for @ a yr, now.. very thorough company, does not wanna waste time and $ on junk.

summit said:
the pe R&D guys are quite particular about their stoves... the step top pellet unit, for example, has actually been a working model for some time, and some dealers are gonna get some test models to beat on and see how good they really will be (It has been said thru the grapevine we might get one!)... word is if there are any problems, they will axe the whole project altogether.. The T series insert has been talked about for a while, too, but they have been nitpicking about a couple little items on it for @ a yr, now.. very thorough company, does not wanna waste time and $ on junk.

That is what impresses me about PE very particular about what goes out their door. I know what you mean about selling enamel stoves just sold a Defiant Bordeaux stove that has been sitting for 2 years.Sounds like we might also be inline to beat up their pellet stove for awhile.

summit said:
selling enamel stoves is a little rough: customers never want the colour you have in stock... and some colors are such a dog... for example: If you know anyone who wants a few yrs old, but still brand new never been used, blue PE spectrum on the cheap, lemme know ' cause that color never flew for us. Same for a Bordeaux VC encore, and the Jotul iron enamel #3cb...it's like we can't give those things away...
You can give it to me! (blue spectrum) am in the hunt for new stove and I could live with blue, not sure wife could but she doesn't count. :smirk:

[/quote] You can give it to me! (blue spectrum) am in the hunt for new stove and I could live with blue, not sure wife could but she doesn't count. :smirk:[/quote]

Ah yes, another basement dweller. :)

You can give it to me! (blue spectrum) am in the hunt for new stove and I could live with blue, not sure wife could but she doesn't count. :smirk:[/quote]

Ah yes, another basement dweller. :)[/quote] Well I am new to this site and a little slow and a little old so I guess you will have to explain that one to me, I have been burning wood for a little over 30 years and I will have a new stove before next burning season.

oldspark said:
summit said:
You can give it to me! (blue spectrum) am in the hunt for new stove and I could live with blue, not sure wife could but she doesn't count. :smirk:

you can have it for the same $ as a plain black super 27... although shipping to you might be some big bucks...

Was not sure how the shipping would shake out, it seemed like you wanted to get rid of it so thought shipping would be off set by price, I do think the wife would not like the blue so it needs to be a steal before I can make it fly. Not sure if the 27 is the right size for house but as easily as it heats now with the old clunker (Nashua) I believe it to be big enough, am leaning toward the Summit though but no dealer very close.

oldspark said:

Ah yes, another basement dweller. :) Well I am new to this site and a little slow and a little old so I guess you will have to explain that one to me, I have been burning wood for a little over 30 years and I will have a new stove before next burning season.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Sorry sir, Most of the new stoves picked out around here circle around what the wife wants. I assumed that because you didn't care what the wife wanted, that you must live in the basement like I do. It was just poor execution of my sick humor. Sorry I inflicted it on you.

Welcome to the site, enjoy all the knowledge and experience, and ignore me.

daleeper said:
oldspark said:

Ah yes, another basement dweller. :) Well I am new to this site and a little slow and a little old so I guess you will have to explain that one to me, I have been burning wood for a little over 30 years and I will have a new stove before next burning season.
[/quote]
Sorry sir, Most of the new stoves picked out around here circle around what the wife wants. I assumed that because you didn't care what the wife wanted, that you must live in the basement like I do. It was just poor execution of my sick humor. Sorry I inflicted it on you.

Welcome to the site, enjoy all the knowledge and experience, and ignore me.[/quote]
Now I understand and I enjoy the humor but I have to understand it first. LOL

Hey, When you guys talk about PE coming out with a new line of "enameled" stoves do you really mean a new line of their wonderful, colorful, and durable Porcelin stoves? Just curious. Can ya' tell I like PE? John_M

I can just see it now. A T6 in Whorehouse Red. :ahhh:

savageactor, You are absolutely correct: PE should "Dust Off the Thesaurus". I would suggest something akin to "With Burn Technology Second only to Our Award Winning EBT". The use of "inferior" should help sell a lot of stoves ;-) Yeah, right! What were they thinking? Darn it, now you have me singing Hank Williams" recently released "Dust Off The Bible" for the next 24 hours. John_M

BB, I was hopeing for a color called "Lipstick". :kiss: Jeez, I can't believe I just typed that! John_M

Today I bought a stove for heat
And I thought that it looked neat
I can't help it if I still love EBT.
Somebody else said his heats fine
But I can't get heat from mine
I can't help it if I still love EBT

The flames up top just keep on a rolling
But the heat just never seems to come
Then suddenly I miss that old time feeling

(With no apologies to Hank Sr. Heck he's dead)

BB, I must admit to admiring your skill as a wordsmith. A few others here share that excellence and my admiration. I am temped to name names but fear the probability of forgetting one or two and suffering the consequential embarassment. Once, while hallucinating from a chemotherapy drug named Ifosfomide I wrote extremely well; significantly superior to my normal, modest abilities. However, I do not want to return to those horrible days so I will just continue to admire from afar. :red: John_M

BrotherBart said:
Today I bought a stove for heat
And I thought it looked neat
I can't help if I still love EBT.
Somebody else said his heats fine
But I can't get heat from mine
I can't help if I still love EBT

The flames up top just keep on a rolling
But the heat just never seems to come
Then suddenly I miss that old time feeling

(With no apologies to Hank Sr. Heck he's dead)

Dang you BB. Now that tune will be humming in my head every time I load the stove! However, with a silent EBT, maybe not. Especially cuz the heat is just fine.

summit said:

If I'da known I'da made an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.