Peach Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored a good size pile of peach wood from my cousin who lost the tree.

Was looking forward to getting it home, split and stacked, but ... damn ... I can't split it. Not even the pieces with about a 6 inch diameter. Don't have a splitter but tried my fiscars, an maul, and wedges. Stuff won't budge.

Am going to put it on a rack in the sun for a year and hope for better luck.

Anyone work with this stuff Before?

I have never had the opportunity to work with peach firewood. If it is that hard to split it makes me wonder if it shouldn't be saved for the smoker? Hmmmm....a thick cut, bone in pork chop kissed with a little peach smoke. Now THAT sounds like a project I could stand behind.....

Reactions: Lone_Gun
We lost a peach tree several years back. It was not an old tree, maybe 7-8" at the trunk. Power splitter did it up quickly.

I cut up a cherry tree, fruit bearing, last night. Big rounds, like over 24", so I had to noodle them in half. I saw those piles of noodles and thought that they would make some fine wood smoke for cooking. Maybe? I left them there though.

I cut up a cherry tree, fruit bearing, last night. Big rounds, like over 24", so I had to noodle them in half. I saw those piles of noodles and thought that they would make some fine wood smoke for cooking. Maybe? I left them there though.
You left them there??? Why would you do that? LOL!

You left them there??? Why would you do that? LOL!

I loaded out the firewood but left the piles of noodles. Huge piles. You think I should have gathered them up? Is the residual bar oil a problem?

Definitely smoker.

I love peach on beef. I am paying $7.50 per pound for peach wood, and I have to go fetch it. Green birch for the wood stove is under a nickel a pound, delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.