Pear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY12553

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2011
Southern NY
My brother in law cut down an elm, black cherry, and a pear tree. Was wondering what the pear would be like?

I think all the fruit woods are pretty decent BTU, and the smoke smells good! :) They may take a while to dry, though...

Great stuff in the stove/fireplace etc or the smoker/BBQ grill. Related to Apple,Cherry,Plum,Hawthorn etc

Reactions: raybonz and smokinj
Yo if you need Lucile you know where the keys are at.... (under the 3rd rock next to the maple tree) LOL.

I agree. Pretty much all trees that bear fruit are good to burn. Just give it time to dry.

Great burning wood, but if it is anything like the Bradford I split, you best gear up with the safety gear. That stuff flew off the splitter at times. It almost blows up.

Well, I can tell you that green winter pear brush doesn't burn worth a ****.... I got a burn permit today.... after an hour of trying to light the fire today... using a variety of accelerants... I gave up......

Status
Not open for further replies.