Pecan tree wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Lady

Jan 20, 2007
We have a huge pecan tree on our property that's dying. I'm sure it will burn in the insert, but what kind of heat does it give out and does it spit sparks?

Same as Hickory!

No sparks, great heat, great wood! . :coolsmile: You are fortunate, indeed. Split and stack it now, and it should be ready next Fall.

NO sparks my butt. That stuff is terrible about shooting sparks. It burns fine, but the kind I have is terrible about sparks I promise.

jackofalltrades said:
NO sparks my butt.
I helped my SIL get some a few months back, but haven't seen it in action yet. I've heard it burns similar to Hickory, which I have burned and that didn't seem too sparky. I may not have noticed, since I usually load the stove and don't open the door until it's time to reload. If she's burning it in a fireplace, it could be an issue...

Should be awesome firewood and even better bbq!

Status
Not open for further replies.