Pegged the needle, now what do I do?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Mrs. Wood Duck is fully capable of starting and maintaining a fire.

firefighterjake said:
And here we go again . . . the perpetual "I don't trust my wife -- she knows nothing" comments vs. the "My wife is incredible and better at burning than me" comments.

I'm always amazed at

a) how some folks -- male or female -- never seem to take the time or care enough or have the mental capacity to run a woodstove -- I mean if I can run a woodstove safely anyone can,

b) how some folks seem almost amazed that women are capable of running a stove . . . I mean c'mon . . . women (and men) have been making fires and tending fires for eons . . . it's just a learned skill like anything else . . . last time I knew you didn't need to have an extra appendage as a pre-requisite to make a fire and,

c) how stuck some folks seem to get on what the male and female "roles" and "job duties" are in a relationship . . . I mean don't get me wrong, there are some things that my wife does better or prefers doing (i.e. she says I do not fold the laundry the right way . . . most likely since I have never really truly taken the time to learn how to do it her way) and there are some things that men can do better than women (i.e. hold a conversation with their wife while the football game is on and still follow the action . . . of course we may have no idea of what we were talking about) and there are some things that women do better than men (i.e. pretty sure I can't carry a baby for 9 months) . . . but in general my wife is more than capable of doing most everything I do and vice versa . . .

Jake - you are my hero and your wife is a lucky lady. I refuse to be offended by these posts and I take them in good humor, but just let me say that I manage my stove all by myself thankyouverymuch...I have an ax, hatchet, splitting wedges and a splitter. And I use them all as a 5'3" 115#, 42 year old woman and have yet to lose a limb, draw blood or burn down the house! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.