1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Pellet ad in local newspaper....

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by imacman, Mar 9, 2013.

1. imacman

imacman Guest

Guess they really want to sell some pellets.....took an entire page ad out. I called....Powerhouse, wants $244.50/ton. YIKES! I think they'll have them for a while.

Anybody local to me that wants the name & location of the place, it will be posted in the Fuel Reports section of the forum:

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MommyOf4

MommyOf4 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern MD
    I wouldn't pay $244 for them at all. They sell them in MD for $188
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

Just saw an ad on eBay for Powerhouse pellets. The guy has a ton for sale (pickup only) for $150. No bidding....it's a "Buy it Now" auction. Seems to be a real good price....I seem to remember these are the same as GAP, but not sure of the quality.

But at that price, if I was close to him I'd be grabbing them....my 10-cpm will burn anything, especially during the shoulder seasons.

He's located near Fleetwood/Kutztown area of Pa.

www.ebay.com/itm/1-Ton-Powerhouse-Premium-Hardwood-Wood-Pellets-/281084565449?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
  4. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Checked on their website - pellet length is 1.749:eek: Seems more like they are for commercial biomass burners with that pellet length. Break out the bats or paint mixers;)

http://www.powerhousepellets.com/test_results.html

Edit: Looked at the report again - only a single pellet that long. Majority are under 1.5"
  5. bonesy

bonesy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE PA
    They are the same as GAP's.
  6. Brokenwing

Brokenwing Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    I tried powerhouse, and never again. They burned hot, but when I opened the bag It smelled like a chemical factory. Also this was the only pellet so far to give me clinkers!
  7. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire. Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    I burned Powerhouse last year no problems..This year tried a bag and ended up with a constipated burn pot <>
  8. Jim H.

Jim H. Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    N.E. Pa. (Northampton County)
    I burned about a half ton of the Powerhouse and agree, good heat but way way too much ash! I can burn my Ligs and the Green Gold and not fill the ash pan in over double the amount of bags thru as the Powerhouse. Agree on the price.....way to high!
  9. Jim H.

Jim H. Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    N.E. Pa. (Northampton County)
    Forgot to add that the pellets I have are all about 1/4-1/2" or so....very short compared to even my Ligs. Smell was fine....not sure what the other poster had? Still a lot of money for a dirty pellet as far as ash. They get that under control and it will be a great pellet!
  10. skibladerj

skibladerj Member

Loc:
    North of Scranton
    I also tried these this year. I always screen out the fines when I'm testing new pellets to see how they compare. One bag of powerhouse produces 3 cups of fines! This was double any other brand I tried this season. They also choked up the burn pot badly. However, my father in law has a p61 and he loved them. Also the bags are made of super thick plastic.