Pellet Article in Bangor Daily News - link

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"According to the association, Maine manufacturers are producing five times as many pellets this year as they did last year and are expected to double production again within six months."

Wow, now thats impressive....

I am still getting my loads in but unable to get more than 2 loads a week. I could use 4 a week. I do not live in Maine and my Pellets come from Michigan.

Eric

I would have much preferred to buy my pellets a ton at a time, but if retailers are going to respond to an "illusion of a shortage" by increasing the price by a dollar a bag, I won't be doing that any time in the near future.

mnoack said:
I would have much preferred to buy my pellets a ton at a time, but if retailers are going to respond to an "illusion of a shortage" by increasing the price by a dollar a bag, I won't be doing that any time in the near future.

I thought the price increase was due to increased cost of fuel also known as "shipping costs"

Status
Not open for further replies.