Pellet Bags, idea for using empty bags

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_pinehill

Nov 29, 2008
nj
Anyone come up with uses for the old bags?? with the vent holes, its limited. Its a shame to keep throwing out 2 bags a day.

joe_pinehill said:
Anyone come up with uses for the old bags?? with the vent holes, its limited. Its a shame to keep throwing out 2 bags a day.

KEEP A COUPLE IN YER TRUCK FOR WHEN YA PICK UP AN UGLY CHICK

hossthehermit said:
joe_pinehill said:

KEEP A COUPLE IN YER TRUCK FOR WHEN YA PICK UP AN UGLY CHICK

Now thats some Funny stuff! ...and being from Searsport origionally, Understood.

Yeah, nuthin' like a Waldo County girl on a cold night. Throw in a half gallon of Allens and yer all set.

hossthehermit said:
KEEP A COUPLE IN YER TRUCK FOR WHEN YA PICK UP AN UGLY CHICK..

Have a lot of experience there hoss?
rotfl.gif

zeta said:
hossthehermit said:
KEEP A COUPLE IN YER TRUCK FOR WHEN YA PICK UP AN UGLY CHICK..

Have a lot of experience there hoss?
rotfl.gif

I'll never tell. Any, I don't remember, so it don't count. My story, and I'm stickin' with it.

the "recycling code" is actually not.

it's a code that says what kind of plastic was used. it does NOT make any statement about recycle-ability of the end product. For instance, plastic ketchup bottles have a nice number 1, but they are never recycalable (because they have an inner liner made from a diffrent plastic).

most recyclers are not set up to handle plastic bags - they gum up their machenes

Just stuff them inside each other as tight as you can. Take them into any place that recycles plastic bags. I take ours to Hannaford Food Store stuffed with all the soft plastic junk like cheese wrappers and food bags we have. It comes in to the tune of about 10 lbs every week or 2 which is a hell of a lot of plastic. I don't have any respect for all these ridiculous government run recycling programs, they are nothing but a joke. They pay a dollar to save a dime with all their fancy machinery. Here is NY they have to have an Encon official standing there watching while they dump every single bin from the convenience station looking for that tiny drop of oil from an errant plastic oil bottle. What is he going to do wipe it up wearing a hazmat suit? Pure foolishness but definite job security. You can't mix tin cans in with regular steel either, what the hell is that all about? All smoke and mirrors. They could have followed the Europeans and done it right but in their own self interests had to reinvent the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.