Pellet basket for campfire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby1

Dec 20, 2008
Western Ma.
Has anyone ever tried using a pellet basket outside in a campfire? It would be so much easier to just bring a few bags of pellets to go camping instead of firewood. Thanks ;-)

See Attn Maple Sappers in for sale section, neat camp stoves that love pellets!

I had one that i made in my fireplace in the fall it worked ok.

I just bought my first pellet stove Quadrafire Castile taking out the old heatalator firebox and installing the pellet unit now.

My plan is to put it into the girlfriends firepit this summer.
I think it will be easier and cheaper than the little bundles of wood she buys.

Attachments

• 751d_12.jpg
    751d_12.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 779
skidozer said:

I just bought my first pellet stove Quadrafire Castile taking out the old heatalator firebox and installing the pellet unit now.

You animal......!!! :ahhh:

skidozer said:

I think I'll rethink my idea of responding to this. Kinda like keepin' the bush trimmed if sparks are comin' out of the pipe.

IMO Nothing beats a real campfire in the summer.

As an added touch you throw in a couple sections of copper pipe with a green gardenhose slide over the top.
Makes a great color show to drink beer by.

Come on summer!

Topshelf said:
IMO Nothing beats a real campfire in the summer.

As an added touch you throw in a couple sections of copper pipe with a green gardenhose slide over the top.
Makes a great color show to drink beer by.

Come on summer!

I always drilled a bunch of holes in the pipe and put the garden hose inside, lots of pretty colors

Your burning rubber/plastic garden hose?, doesnt that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.