Pellet Bin Completed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have anchored the walls to the concrete floor.

Andrew, did you see that Harman has changed the software for the PB105 to reduce the shutdown time? I dont know if your dealer will swap out the control board or not, but they did address the long shutdown time.

I didn't hear about that I'll contact my dealer this week. Thanks for the info!

Delta-T said:
Andrew, did you see that Harman has changed the software for the PB105 to reduce the shutdown time? I dont know if your dealer will swap out the control board or not, but they did address the long shutdown time.
Thank you for the info, I'll talk to my dealer in the morning. May I ask where you got the info on the PB 105. It's been over a year now since I complained of this issue, Harman said the combustion blower needed to run all the time to prevent creosote which I thought was BS, seems now that it was.

Andrew Churchill said:
That's nice.

slap.gif

That was the perfect response!

Folks that keep picking on great pictures should
Born2Chill.jpg

Where are our esteemed moderators? They should be suggesting folks post kind helpful advice not crap!

I have to say your pictures did shake out some good info on the shutdown time of your boiler

That tidbit was a Jewel!

How did my pictures help with the shutdown time of my boiler?

Andrew Churchill said:
How did my pictures help with the shutdown time of my boiler?

Serendipity - no doubt ----- and its still a nice bin -- thanks for sharing!

Delta-T said:

Andrew,

When they blow the pellets into your bin, you may want put a fan in your window to help pull all of the dust out. They will be pushing a lot of air into your bin to move the pellets and even though you put a top on your bin, you may still get quite a bit of dust in the house. Air is going to find the easiest way out of the bin. Whether it is out of the window or through some small cracks in the corners of your bin.

FF,

That's a good idea.

I am going to seal all the joints with caulk and then duct tape so the only way the dust has a place to go is out through the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.