Pellet Boiler incomplete burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fisher 12345

Nov 5, 2023
Ontario Canada
Looking for some help
I have a central boiler 225 pe pellet boiler just installed and it’s burning ok but the burnt pellets are turning in to charcoal not fully burnt

I've had that with some pellet brands. I think damp pellets will do it too ... so I only buy small test quantities if not using my regular ones.

Last edited:
Looking for some help
I have a central boiler 225 pe pellet boiler just installed and it’s burning ok but the burnt pellets are turning in to charcoal not fully burnt
Check your air and fuel feed settings. I have the same boiler. The starting point is to have the feed and air setting set the same and then adjust accordingly from there. I find with most pellets, I run the air setting one setting higher than feed for the medium setting. On high I run air and fuel the same. If unburned pellets are reaching the end of the burn pot, you need more air. But don't go crazy with the air because the higher you run the air the more heat you push out the chimney.

Reactions: ARC