Pellet boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, however the PB 105 is a direct vent appliance so you don't actually have to install another chimney.

Yes, unless you want to die of carbon monoxide poisoning! ;)

I know in Vermont it is against code to have two heating appliances share one chimney. Also, depending on the height of the chimney you have you might have too much draft which could cause problems with the PB105.

wil said:
12 ton in the shed

Wil

Are you putting 12 ton per season thru your PB105 without difficulty? How about cleaning intervals?
I ask because I'm burning at that rate - or maybe even 14 tons (will have to get thru the first season to know exactly), and finding that the boiler needs a LOT of attention to cleaning or it goes downhill fast.

Steve

Steve Clay-Young said:
wil said:
12 ton in the shed

Wil

Are you putting 12 ton per season thru your PB105 without difficulty? How about cleaning intervals?
I ask because I'm burning at that rate - or maybe even 14 tons (will have to get thru the first season to know exactly), and finding that the boiler needs a LOT of attention to cleaning or it goes downhill fast.

Steve
No, I burned 8.3 ton the first year, 365 days for heat and DHW, used it all summer for DHW, using oil I used around 1000 gal per year. I clean mine faithfully once a week to include scraping the burnpot, vac burnpot area below the burnpot surface, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.