Pellet Brand and Reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Well I posted this incorrectly as a conversation. Incorrectly done.. OOPs... I'm buring Made in Maine (hardwood) from TSC and just trying 3 bags of (softwood and hardwood blend) Greene Supreme from HD. Wondering peoples opinions. My father is buring Greene Supreme in his new Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200i He is getting a huge amount of buildup in his firepot. Has to clean it out every other day or every day. Any info on this? Any advise would be great. He is a little worried that he bought crap...I think he will be find just have to clean out more often this season. Going to give him a couple of bags of my Made in Maine and see how they burn in his stove. Thanks for any advise you can give.

Its Green Supremes(no E at the end of green). Green Supremes could be the problem as said. There's a good bit of chatter here on them. Some say low heat and some say high ash. Not many say they are doing well.

A tip when checking reviews is to look at as many as you can. Do a tally(average) of good to bad. If you get 10 reviews and most are good its a good get they are just that. If you get mostly negative, Well you get the picture! If the reviews are about 50/50 that would be middle of the road I guess.

I hear softwoods get a bad rap around here

Bad rap? Where, Many of us love softies. Softwoods rock!

you can also look at woodpelletreviews.com (jtakeman's reviews are on there as well), which gives you a decent picture of pellets. I generally look on there and cross reference on here.

you can also look at woodpelletreviews.com (jtakeman's reviews are on there as well), which gives you a decent picture of pellets. I generally look on there and cross reference on here.

That knuckle head don't know squat about pellets says so right in his sig! :p

Gotta get some new ones up. A bit lazy lately! ;em

That knuckle head don't know squat about pellets says so right in his sig! :p

Gotta get some new ones up. A bit lazy lately! ;em

Knuckle Head? For some reason, I don't think you have the Knuckle Head Market cornered. Nor will you ever :) Because there are plenty of us Knuckle Heads around. Just ask my bride. She'll tell you :p

Reactions: jtakeman
Status
Not open for further replies.