1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feel the heat

feel the heat New Member

Loc:
    northern ct.
    my husband and i are highly considering purchasing a saranac fs pellet stove and we were wondering if anyone had any idea when a good time or best time to buy pellets month wise? we plan on purchasing for next burn season and if anyone from ct. knows were the best place for good quality pellets to purchase. thanx, THATS RIGHT!!!!!!!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. PutnamJct

PutnamJct Member

Loc:
    Putnam County NY
    Which side of CT are you in?
  3. feel the heat

feel the heat New Member

Loc:
    northern ct.
    northern ct. by agawam mass. know of a good place to get pellets? THATS RIGHT!!!!!!!!
  4. PutnamJct

PutnamJct Member

Loc:
    Putnam County NY
    sorry, I am on the wrong side. I'm sure someone will chime in,
  5. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Springfield Ma (western mass)
    try tsw=enfield homedepot=enfield
    home depot =westfield
    agway=westfield
    fireside designs= westspringfield
    big e spring home show
    home depot =west springfield
    browns = east longmeadow
  6. The Patriot

The Patriot New Member

Loc:
    Southeastern Mass
    In Northern CT, I'd check out Pelletsales.com and look into their "early buy" (March to May delivery) prices. Not sure specifically where you are, but just to check I put in Somers, CT for 4 tons. Quote was $969 ($242.25) including delivery for Clean Fire pellets. For 6 tons, per ton was $233.16. The more you buy, the lower the delivery charge per ton. The delivery charge for 4 and 6 tons is the same total, you're just splitting the cost over more tons of pellets. The total delivery charge can vary though.

I'd say you'd probably have to pay a similar price or more to pick up similar quality pellets locally.

Pellets are delivered in wrapped pallets to a specified location. In the past, I have left some of the pellets outside for months at a time without problems. They are well wrapped. Great service.
  7. feel the heat

feel the heat New Member

Loc:
    northern ct.
    Thanx i will try the web site you provided I did find cjs in windsor locks and I think there maybe somewhere in suffield too????? which are a new england pellet dealer?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.