pellet buying

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feel the heat

Mar 2, 2008
northern ct.
my husband and i are highly considering purchasing a saranac fs pellet stove and we were wondering if anyone had any idea when a good time or best time to buy pellets month wise? we plan on purchasing for next burn season and if anyone from ct. knows were the best place for good quality pellets to purchase. thanx, THATS RIGHT!!!!!!!!

sorry, I am on the wrong side. I'm sure someone will chime in,

PutnamJct said:
sorry, I am on the wrong side. I'm sure someone will chime in,

try tsw=enfield homedepot=enfield
home depot =westfield
agway=westfield
fireside designs= westspringfield
big e spring home show
home depot =west springfield
browns = east longmeadow

feel the heat said:
my husband and i are highly considering purchasing a saranac fs pellet stove and we were wondering if anyone had any idea when a good time or best time to buy pellets month wise? we plan on purchasing for next burn season and if anyone from ct. knows were the best place for good quality pellets to purchase. thanx, THATS RIGHT!!!!!!!!

In Northern CT, I'd check out Pelletsales.com and look into their "early buy" (March to May delivery) prices. Not sure specifically where you are, but just to check I put in Somers, CT for 4 tons. Quote was $969 ($242.25) including delivery for Clean Fire pellets. For 6 tons, per ton was $233.16. The more you buy, the lower the delivery charge per ton. The delivery charge for 4 and 6 tons is the same total, you're just splitting the cost over more tons of pellets. The total delivery charge can vary though.

I'd say you'd probably have to pay a similar price or more to pick up similar quality pellets locally.

Pellets are delivered in wrapped pallets to a specified location. In the past, I have left some of the pellets outside for months at a time without problems. They are well wrapped. Great service.

Thanx i will try the web site you provided I did find cjs in windsor locks and I think there maybe somewhere in suffield too????? which are a new england pellet dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.