Pellet call

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
EBS in Bucksport called today and said they had the pellets I ordered 2 monts ago, $278 / ton for 2 ton. Corinth pellets, told them not to bother.

We can still get pellets in central Ohio for $175.00/ton.

Not sure for how much longer but if you bought today that was the price.
Sommerset brand premium pellet. I paid 163/ton in April for same.

sinnian said:
That is what we should ALL have done from the beginning. WE as consumers were the ones that drove up the price because people were willing to pay it.

Correct, but it was consumers in Maine (largely) that were willing to pay that price!

Give your staties a whack on the head for me, will ya?

Meantime, I'm experimenting with a new pellet stove made of plywood and particle board, which I can make for about $200, and hopefully sell to folks in Maine as a "whole house heating system". It burns pretty well....now if I can just get it to last for more than one day before the whole thing turns to ash.
:)

Meantime, I’m experimenting with a new pellet stove made of plywood and particle board, which I can make for about $200, and hopefully sell to folks in Maine as a “whole house heating system”. It burns pretty well....now if I can just get it to last for more than one day before the whole thing turns to ash.

Excellent!

Steve

Hey Craig, need vent pipe?

Eric

That all depends........
Are you pellets hardwood or softwood

dahhhh

Webmaster said:
Give your staties a whack on the head for me, will ya?
Next time I see one, I'll send your love ;-P

Webmaster said:
Meantime, I'm experimenting with a new pellet stove made of plywood and particle board, which I can make for about $200, and hopefully sell to folks in Maine as a "whole house heating system". It burns pretty well....now if I can just get it to last for more than one day before the whole thing turns to ash.
:)
Will it be UL listed? :ahhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.