Pellet choice for Harman Accentra in Eastern PA/NJ Border

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fullfatboy

Sep 20, 2011
Washington Crossing, PA
Good Afternoon! I've owned a wood insert for 3 years and quickly learned that the wife was not going to help me keep it running. So all the chopping and aging of wood became meaningless. My thoughts quickly targeted a pellet insert to fight the oil companies and their evil ways. I was able to purchase a used Harman Accentra Insert for $1900 - used 2 years and still under warranty. I put in my own liner as it was much easier than the 6 inch liner previously in the chimney. Today I am having it serviced by an expert and plan to start running it once the temperature drops. The big question is: Which pellets should I buy for this unit in this area? I live in Washington Crossing, PA on the boarder of PA and NJ north of Philadelphia. Some of my research has indicated that Tractor Supply is a reliable source for pellets? My local Lowes carries two brands : Natures Own (Montreal, Quebec "Made in America" and Greene Team - Gerards Fort, PA. I've also heard the way to go is HAMER'S HOT ONES. Is it true that the local Tractor Supply stores carry Hamer's?

So thank you Pellet Gods for your good advice. Mucho appreciato!

There's a few pellet companies here in PA, so you should be able to get your hands on some Barefoots, or Energex too. There's an ACE Hardware near me that has Energex, so you may want to check a few in your area in case they have them also.

If Tractor Supply has Hardwood Heats, they are Hamers rebagged. These are good pellets, I am burning Turmans in my Mt. Vernon AE and they are a very good pellet with low ash. I am getting them at Kegerreis stoves in Bernville, PA. Good luck with your stove and stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.