Pellet choice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Dtml

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2011
CT
Looking for a pellet that compares with Okanagan Platinum and Gold from the following:
Hamers Hot Ones, Energex Hardwood, and Appalachian Hardwoods???

I've been burning Oki for the last two seasons, but may not be able to get any this season.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for a pellet that compares with Okanagan Platinum and Gold from the following:

I've been burning Oki for the last two seasons, but may not be able to get any this season.

Thanks in advance.
only have expirience with Energex hardwoods. American/green bag with flag..... I see u have burned Stove chows.. they are made by Energex so same heat and Large amount of Ash piles.
[unless you can get your hands on the Golden pellets made by Energex.. very low ash..]

Attachments

• Bag_PremiumHardwood.png
    Bag_PremiumHardwood.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 139
Loved the Hamer Hot ones. Have 4 tons ready to go for winter. Doubt any of these choices will compare to the Doug Fir pellets though.

Last edited:
x2 for Hamers, historically a very hot pellet.

Not to switch gears but anyone like Main soft wood pellets? I've used the hardwood and those were okay.

Thanks in advance.
None of those would be a direct substitute. Can't replace a softwood pellet with a hardwood. Oki's call for Northern Softs, Vermont, and maybe Lacretes.

Hamers, burn hot, start easy and minimal clean-up. I had to slow feed rate as pellet length was overall shorter and would burn hot and fast compared to other pellets.

Love the Hamer's. Just put three ton in the basement last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.