Pellet choice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TG3930

Dec 12, 2011
Brighton, MI
To all you seasoned experts. I have tried Isabella's softwood and ProPellet. Isabella's seemed to have more ash and more fines in the bag. I was at TC today and noticed they have ProPellets and AWF. Of the two, which is the better pellet? Both were 214.50. The Isabella's are 208.

Thanks

I would call the box stores around you and find out what they had first. As far as the 3 brands mentioned, I think the Propellets put out the best heat. I would rate all three brands as average or just above average as far as quality of pellet goes.

I'm happy with AWF. Not quite as good as Somerset, but all over not bad. I've read good and neutral about Pro Pellet but haven't used them personally. No experience with Isabella pellets, but I'd try them if I could find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.