Pellet choices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tracker

Apr 3, 2008
Northern RI
I apologize for bringing this up again. I know this subject has been beaten to death. Last year I bought New England Canadian from pelletsales. I like the burn and not much ash. I also checked out pelletsdirect. They are cheaper with their delivery in my area for Barefoot than pelletsales and the NEWP. Just looking for some more opinions on barefoot, New England Canadian, and even CleanFire. I have a Harman P61A.

Hello. I also have a P61A. I have run fireside ultras, narragansett, preimer pellets and barefoot in my stove this year. Firesides were the hottest, narragansetts were horrible (full of sawdust and bazillion fines, liked to clink up too), premier were good heat but very dusty. The barefoots were on par with all but the fireside as far as heat output. They were also the cleanest pellet (very very litlle sawdust and fines and ash was little, soft and fluffy). You could actually stick your hand halfway down the bag, pull it out and not have sawdust stuck to your arm and hand. Do that with the others, your arm is very dusty. I have pre-ordered through a group of people here in kent county 3 tons of barefoots from a 24 ton tractor trailer. May need to get one more ton. We'll see. I have heard good things about the new englands. Good luck. Chris.

I agree with Chris. The Barefoot Pellets were very clean in both bag content and in burn characteristics. One difference is that I found them to burn hotter in my stove than any other brand I tried this season, and I tried about 1/2 dozen.

tracker said:
thanks for the input. I think i'll give Barefoot a try.

Pick up a few bags to try them first. This way you're sure they burn to your liking.

Rumor has it that Pelletsdirect is out of Barefoot pellets.

Let me know if you hear otherwise.

Call Robbins garden center in Oxford, Ma. cheaper delivery than Pellets direct and its the same company but they seem to have different inventories??? I ordered from both this season and the same driver showed up at my house with the same truck?? yet Robbins charged me 25.00 delivered to Harrisville, RI. and Pellets Direct charged me 45.00.

Shawn

I would love to try Barefoot before I buy them. Do you know where I could pick some up in the area (northern RI).
thanks again for all the info. This site has been a wealth of knowledge for me.

Tracker, Royal Fireside in Mendon, Ma. HAD 15 bags of barefoot left today. They don't open again till Tue. Ian is the owner and a super nice guy. I bought 7 bags of Northern Pellets today at Leeway Hardware on Great Rd they seem to burn GREAT but a bit pricy. 6.35 per bag.

Check your Private message's

Shawn

Thanks Really Hot. I actually work in Franklin and according to mapquest its only 10.5 miles. I'll go Tuesday and see if they have any left so I can give them a try.
I have 0 under private messages.

Thanks

Everyone here in my part of northern New York state seems to be out of pellets. I'm jealous hearing about all of you buying pellets and having places to choose from !! I'm about to run out, and will likely use small electric heaters to finish out the rest of my heating needs for the season.

I've had great luck with the Barefoots and with pelletsdirect.com.

It's a good time to buy from them with their early buy program.

$229 a ton

I went to Royal Fireside today. They had 2 bags of Barefoot left. He wouldn't sell them. That's how they heat the showroom. They are expecting a 4- ton delivery of Barefoot tomorrow. He didn't seem too convinced
or he would of sold me at least one bag. But we'll see.

CygnusX1 said:
I've had great luck with the Barefoots and with pelletsdirect.com.

It's a good time to buy from them with their early buy program.

$229 a ton

A group of us ordered 24 tons of Barefoot pellets from pelletsdirect. We're getting them for $224/ton delivered to West Warwick, RI sometime in later this spring. We all tried the Barefoot's before buying in quantity and we all agreed they were a very good pellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.