Pellet choices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forya

Feb 18, 2010
Bucks County Pa
Hardwood Lignetic's - 245 ton
O'Mally's - 245 ton
Hammer's - 249 ton

I see some lesser brands too for cheaper, but I think I'm going to stick to the better brands around here.

are those prices good? or should I wait?

You could contact who ever is selling the pellets at those prices and ask if they're going to have an "early buy" sale. Typically the time around April has been the time for early buy bargains. Some places in the Northeast (not close to me, dammit!) have already announced their sales, others have not. It didn't happen much last year as the prices came down little at a time between last spring and this past winter. Some folks believe the prices TODAY are the lowest we'll see this year. In a few weeks I plan on buying a couple tons of pellets. If the price drops afterwards I'll get two more. If it goes up, I'll get two more, but will know I only had to buy half my supply at the higher price instead of the entire supply. It's a crap shoot...

I just did some calling and my local ace still wants 290 ton on hardwood Lignetics! Unreal.
The 2 locals selling barefoot are at 260 and 275 a ton. I was told to call back next week (1st week of april). I don't know what these
people are thinking......?????? I actually got my lignetics last year (fall) for 265.00 from the same ace.....at this point I think even that is high!

Jim H. said:
I just did some calling and my local ace still wants 290 ton on hardwood Lignetics! Unreal.
The 2 locals selling barefoot are at 260 and 275 a ton. I was told to call back next week (1st week of april). I don't know what these
people are thinking......?????? I actually got my lignetics last year (fall) for 265.00 from the same ace.....at this point I think even that is high!

The closest dealer to me selling barefoots is a lumber store and their current price is $280 a ton. They run an "anniversary" sale or something every April and reduce everything they have in stock by 20%. I've got my fingers crossed that the sale price includes pellets. 20% off that price for barefoots would be sweet, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.