pellet,com - anybody get theirs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine. Placed order during same time period. Just sit tight, they're delivering by region.

I must say I was pleased with the delivery as the driver slipped two tons into my garage bay and a third ton was left outside due to space considerations.

Jabberwocky said:
Got mine. Placed order during same time period. Just sit tight, they're delivering by region.

I must say I was pleased with the delivery as the driver slipped two tons into my garage bay and a third ton was left outside due to space considerations.

depending upon the condition of your garage floor, usually 4 tons will easily go in, and sometimes we've done 6!

Anton Smirnov said:
I placed an order with Pellets.com in late April for next fall.

still no delivery.

So I was wondering if anybody got their pellets, and how long it took.

By region? This was April, now its July (almost)! Thing is, the price of pellets has appreciated since April, with at least 2 cost increases (in New England Pellets, anyways). Id drop them another email. It'd sure stink to find out they decided they wont deliver to an area, and the cheaper pellets you counted on are now more money. The guys working there seem honest, so I'm sure they will reply to allay your fears. If not, give me a PM, Anton.

HarryBack said:
Jabberwocky said:

depending upon the condition of your garage floor, usually 4 tons will easily go in, and sometimes we've done 6!

Yeah my floor is bit screwed up and I had them put 'er in Bay #1 of 3 but that bay is a bit constrained on the side by a fence ... the front axle on that loader thing is very wide! I'll be ready next year. Besides, I need the excercise.

HarryBack said:
Anton Smirnov said:

still no delivery.

By region? This was April, now its July (almost)! Thing is, the price of pellets has appreciated since April, with at least 2 cost increases (in New England Pellets, anyways). Id drop them another email. .

Pelletsales.com locks in the price at the time of the order ... delivery is a separate issue.

Jabberwocky said:
HarryBack said:
Anton Smirnov said:

still no delivery.

By region? This was April, now its July (almost)! Thing is, the price of pellets has appreciated since April, with at least 2 cost increases (in New England Pellets, anyways). Id drop them another email. .

Pelletsales.com locks in the price at the time of the order ... delivery is a separate issue.

Im sure thats whats said, but from my limited experience in the pellet world, most wholesalers wont "lock in" prices to retailers unless they are paid for. Im sure they dont bill the customer 3 months ahead of time, rather than when they deliver, so, Im sitting here wondering how that is capitolized.....unless they get paid first? Anton, did you already pay for them?

Jabberwocky said:
HarryBack said:
Jabberwocky said:

Yeah my floor is bit screwed up and I had them put 'er in Bay #1 of 3 but that bay is a bit constrained on the side by a fence ... the front axle on that loader thing is very wide! I'll be ready next year. Besides, I need the excercise.

here's something new....delivered pellets to a guy who had us place them just beyond the garage doors, then he pushed them in with his plow....I was skeptical, but it worked GREAT......

Yeah, sides are a problem......you need around 2' of clear space to the side for those forklifts, since thats where their wheels are, and they are also quite wide as well....mines 8'6" wide.....a real problem with a 8' gate!

Status
Not open for further replies.