Pellet Comparison in Oklahoma

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay H

Feeling the Heat
Sep 9, 2009
Central Oklahoma
I am trying to decide what to buy this year as there is a new brand on the market. So far all I have had access to is Pennington and Heat Source brand pellets.
Both are hardwood oak. Pennington seems to be a better pelet as far as clean burning and less fines in the bag. Here lately i have read poor reports on Pennington but having nothing to compare it to really, I have no idea if its a good pellet.
Last year we were in a shortage situation and Pennington ran out here in OK and there was a crappy pine pellet that apeared on the market. They were horrible and i could wait to get my hands on more pennington.
So heres my oly choices.
Pennington
Heat Source
Heat LLC

Anyone have any insight on these brands? And actually Lowes hasn't gotten there stock in yet and told me they would be using a differnt brand than last year but they couldn't tell me what brand it would be.

Never had much luck with Pennington pellets very inconsistant few good bags, lots of bad bags. Never seemd to be a ton of heat out of them. Lots of crap left in the burn pot. Not much help with the other brands.

I would have to agree with amick the penningtons Ive tried were horrible they actually smelled like bird seed.Ive never heard of the other two brands.

Great price but still a little far for me to drive to get them....

I have two Harman XXV's and have burned about 6 ton of Heat Source through them. Poor quality of pellets not much heat. It is the only hardwood pellet I've burned, end of last season started burning softwood pellets (Uncle Jeds) good pellet just to expensive. This year I purchased 6 tons of softwood pellets out of Gentry,AR. that were $185.00 /ton, i figured that they were a lower quality pellet, so I purchase and extra ton (Western Pellets out of NM). Seem to be heating good, although it hasnt gotten to cold in OK.

Pelletinfo.com said:
I've submitted two addresses of retailers in Oklahoma to the Pellet- and Firewood-locator on http://www.pelletinfo.com .
One in Clinton and the other in Lawton.

If you have other addresses I would appreciate I you would submit them on my site!

Thanks
Pelletinfo
What brand do these to locations sell?

Pelletinfo.com said:
I've submitted two addresses of retailers in Oklahoma to the Pellet- and Firewood-locator on http://www.pelletinfo.com .
One in Clinton and the other in Lawton.

If you have other addresses I would appreciate I you would submit them on my site!Thanks
Pelletinfo
I can't get your site to cooperate...but heres a location to add

Lowes
1000 E. Highway 152
Mustang, OK

There are more around OK I could post up later or you could google the addresses...
The hearth shop in Moore ok
atwoods in chichasha ok
tractor supply Yukon ok
home depot in Moore ok

Pelletinfo.com said:
I know...
I've submitted 264 suppliers already all across the US, but I've got still a long way to go.
My goal is at least 2000 addresses.

Let me know what you like about the site, and what you dislike. I can only learn from it.

Thanks!
Pelletinfo

It may be a good idea to put your web address in your signature on this board... make it easy on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.