Pellet consumption

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckster

Burning Hunk
Jan 21, 2012
Sussex County NJ
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and reading some great stuff here. I am now the happy owner of a Harmon XXV which is presently trying to keep up with a very cold and snowy northern New Jersey day. I have a question. Running the stove on room temp I set the temp dial to 70 and the fan halfway between high and low I burn about 1 bag of pellets from 8:00AM to 8:00PM. At night between 8:00PM and 8:00AM I set the stove on stove temp leave the fan on medium and set the temp dial between 2 and 3. The flame dies down some. At least it doesn't burn as strong. This is fine but my question is. I am burning just as many pellets during the night with a cooler stove as I burn during the day with the stove on higher settings. Could someone explain to me why this is happening. Thanks for your help
Chuck

Cant explain why... But I can tell you 2 bags a day is normal in these temps.

Welcome to the Forum.

Congrats on the stove.

Oh..... And its Harman. Not Harmon. ;-P

Thanks for the comeback Inferno. Never was much of a speller. Harman it is!
Chuck

Welcome Chuckster!

Welcome chuckster, there are a lot of factors that effect pellet consumption sq. ft area being heated, insulation, windows.... I run my Harman in stove temp 4 ,low fan and avg. 24+ hrs / 40 lb bag . House is nice and toasty Experiment and see what works for you, that's the fun part of this whole thing.

Thanks Will. I have been doing a lot of playing around and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I am just having trouble trying to figure out why I seem to burn just as many pellets on high settings as on low settings
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.