pellet/corn stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbcss

Sep 15, 2007
Windsor, Ct
Hello all, I been burning wood for over 24 years and now thinking of going to a pellet/ corn stove. I live in northern Ct. for all you people that have these stoves what do you feel as a good stove and best place to buy one.
everybody that burns with a pellet/corn stove seems to like them. they got theirs at the Big-E or close out sales Home Depot ect. If I make this investment I want something thats going to last for quite a few years. I'm the type of guy that will take my time and research things out and get the most for my money. So any suggestions will be most helpful.
thanks Ralph

I have some friends at Preston trading Post - that is souther Ct, but they have great prices and service. And they have been around for almost 30 years, so you are pretty much guaranteed that if parts are available in the future they will be able to get them. They sell mostly Quadrafire when it comes to Pellet stoves. There are a number of decent brands, and a lot depends on exactly which fuels you are going to burn. Harman, Quad and Avalon/Lopi are some big names in the biz. Some others, like Magnum/countryside (one of our sponsors) are known for fuel flexibility (corn).

The general first piece of information that a lot of people here give is - unless you are extremely handy, buy from a dealer who can give you whatever level of service that you need. Pellet stoves need a lot of service and parts compared to wood stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.