Pellet dealer on Long Island, NY?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bellini13

Jan 7, 2012
Long Island, NY
hi all, my second season with my p43 harman pellet stove.

I've been currently using Lowes/Home Depot pellets, basically whatever they have, it seems to change every few months. Since I don't know any better, I can't say if these are good or bad pellets. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a pellet seller on Long Island, where I could get a premium bag of pellets so I can compare against what I am currently using.

Currently the price of pellets at Lowes/HD is $5.50 per 40lb bag. No discounts for buying a ton.

A local harman dealer sent me the following information. Does anyone have any feedback on these 2 pellet brands and if the prices seem reasonable?
We have Barefoot @ $6.50 per bag ($325 per ton) and Drycreek @ $6.20 per bag ($310 per ton).

If you know of any other reputable dealers on Long Island, please do let me know.

When I worked in the Albany, NY store (Best Fire) we
had a customer who lived in LI & worked upstate every
couple of weeks. He told us he couldn't GET good pellets
on the Island & used to grab 10 - 15 bags of CleanFires
each time he came thru town...

Thepelletman said:
Long Island Wood Pellet Supply, Inc. located at 19 Chyam Street, North Babylon, NY 11703. They carry the super premium Turman hardwood pellet.

hello, thanks for the details, this is very close to my location, I will take a ride and try them out.

@Pyro, I can believe that. Pellet stoves, and therefore Pellets, really only started to appear in major retailers in the past few years her on the island. I don't think it has penetrated well on long island, but here's hoping for change.

Status
Not open for further replies.