1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellet Dispenser hopper ??

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Bushbuck, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trogers

trogers New Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Could you post a picture, or perhaps plans?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. timalabim

timalabim Member

Loc:
    eastern ma
    I just use a brass coal hod both for decoration and pratical purposes. My stack of bags is out in my porch. The hod takes 1/3 of the bag. I fill the stove before I leave for work and leave a full hod for the wife to pour in if needed before she goes to work around 2:00.

Attached Files:

3. sydney1963

sydney1963 New Member

Loc:
    Windham Maine
    I just pour straight from the bag. Less work that way.
  4. sandy2222

sandy2222 New Member

Loc:
    portland ME
    12/20/08 Not good on the computer... don't know how to place pictures ... Leave me your phone numbers and I'll call you.

Sandy
  5. Bushbuck

Bushbuck New Member

Loc:
    NH
    You can email me the pics Sandy and I will post them for you..
  6. imacman

imacman Guest

I wanted something that would at least 1 bag of pellets or more, but also have somewhat of a decorative quality too. Since i live in a log home, I thought an old copper boiler might be appropriate.....I bought one like this, and it holds about 1 1/2 bags of pellets. I also got a plastic grain scoop at the local feed store.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Copper-Wash-Tub-Boiler-w-cover-wooden-handles_W0QQitemZ350142607287QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFolk_Art?hash=item350142607287&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50
  7. Doocrew

Doocrew Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern NH
    bench t

I bought an unfinished bench like the one in the link at Mill Stores in Nashua, NH for about $30. It holds two bags of pellets.
  8. PunKid8888

PunKid8888 New Member

Loc:
    South East NH
    I just have a tall rubber maid white kitchen trash barrel, its holds a little over 40lbs.

You should see my friends when they open it up thinking its a trash can "what the...."
  9. wilbilt

wilbilt New Member

Loc:
    Nor Cal
    Gotta love Maxwell House for those convenient scoops. I use a similar system with the same scoop.
  10. Gene

Gene New Member

Has anyone built an 'extended' hopper? I keep thinking about this. I have an advance and would like to see something where you could remove the hopper glass and set another 40lb hopper on top of that giving a 100lb hopper total. This would be extremely helpful when going away for a weekend. I think it would be fairly simple for the right person to build and a couple clamps could hold it sealed and firmly in place.
  11. sandy2222

sandy2222 New Member

Loc:
    portland ME
    I'm real close to getting this pellet dispenser ready to ship in kit form. Easy to put together [only 21 pieces] or can ship pre-built.
    Wife knows how to post pictures so will soon have it here.
    Sandy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.