Pellet Early Buy in Delaware (Kent County)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgros

Jan 20, 2009
DE
I'm not sure how many folks on here are from Delaware or close enough that it would matter but I found a good pellet source. Byler's Country Store in west Dover offers an early buy letter to folks who have purchased pellets from them before. You can order as many tons as you want at a pretty good price. Last year was 199, this year they're predicting 210. The brands they carry are Hamer's, O'Malley and Energex. I don't think delivery is available but there's no limit on the amount you can buy. I think that's a pretty good price compared to what I'm paying now from my dealer. I learned Byler's does have weekly shipments but during prime season they're limiting only a 1/2 ton at a time per customer.

- Rosemarie

rgros said:
I'm not sure how many folks on here are from Delaware or close enough that it would matter but I found a good pellet source. Byler's Country Store in west Dover offers an early buy letter to folks who have purchased pellets from them before. You can order as many tons as you want at a pretty good price. Last year was 199, this year they're predicting 210. The brands they carry are Hamer's, O'Malley and Energex. I don't think delivery is available but there's no limit on the amount you can buy. I think that's a pretty good price compared to what I'm paying now from my dealer. I learned Byler's does have weekly shipments but during prime season they're limiting only a 1/2 ton at a time per customer.

- Rosemarie

Hey Rosemarie,
As far as I know, Bylers will deliver. I have in the past had a deleivery from them, but it's been a few years. your info may be more accurate than mine but @ least they use to. I haven't inquired in the last couple years as I don't live that far from them and don't mind making a couple trips. Thanks for the info!

That is just about the same deal I can get here in Maryland from my dealer. I would jump on that if I were you, the pricing is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.