Pellet fairy strikes again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Do's fire.

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2012
Hyde Park, NY
View attachment 96111View attachment 96111 The pellet fairy emerged at my workplace yesterday and dropped off a bag of Turmans Hardwood pellets to try in my stove:). Thanks again Jack K. of Highland NY...what a great guy:cool:. Cleaned the stove, filled the hopper and lit the stove....after an hour, Is that actual sweat on the stove;ex :ZZZ

Attachments

• IMAG0858.jpg
    IMAG0858.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 155
How'd you make out?
Hi Jack,

Great pellet, nice blue white flame, much less ash. The only issue I had was the size of the pellet. My stove has a STAR valve feed system. It cuts the pellets to fit into the feed. Unfortunately, I had to increase my feed rate to compensate for the larger pellet, I couldn't get the same volume into the burnpot to produce the same heat as the somersets. The overall heat output increased 8 degrees but, the bag of pellets burned through 6 hours faster. The Turmans are indeed a great pellet!:) How did they work out in the Harman;ex

Smokes is waiting for the tooth fairy wonder what he'll get;)

If you leave a pellet under your pillow, will a pellet fairy come?:cool:
I don't know if leaving a pellet under a pillow will bring on the pellet fairy but hopefully a good woody might come out of it;lol

Reactions: Defiant
How'd you make out?
Cubies are freakin HOT:ZZZ. Cleaned stove last night, after a third of a bag highest output air temp to date (294), small amount of clinkering, a little more ash than the Turmans. The Okies are next, Thanks again!:)

Reactions: jack kunicki
Hey Jack,,,did you try the Okies;? On the old smello meter I left the bag wide open, loved the pine smell throughout my living room:). In my stoves opinion this pellets the best. Low ash, heat is between 270-280 out the front, the Cubex were the hottest. The glass on the stove keeps really clean longer, no clinkering or ash deposits in the burnpot;ex. Absolutely great. How did the Cubies and Okies work for you;? Thanks again:cool:

Haven't tried either yet. I'll try both bags this weekend.

Are the premium pellets worth the extra money? If so, which one would you go with next winter?

OKIES UPDATE, Cranked up the pellet feed to level #4, highest stove convection air temp to date 335 degrees:ZZZ;ex. These pellets are SMOKIN HOT!!!

Haven't tried either yet. I'll try both bags this weekend.

Are the premium pellets worth the extra money? If so, which one would you go with next winter?
As of now, I'm going with the Okies next winter and yes!! I believe they are worth the extra cash, stove wear and tear do to ash makes it worth it:)

Reactions: jack kunicki
Status
Not open for further replies.