pellet feed rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drscoot

Nov 25, 2011
nor cal
I have an england pdv 25 I just bought less than a month ago. I bought it new but it says its a 2008 model.I have noticed that no matter what the heat setting is on the lower auger still feeds the same amount of pellets- the fire doesnt get much bigger no matter what setting you put it on. The bottom numbers are set to 6-4-1. Any thoughts?

drscoot said:
I have an england pdv 25 I just bought less than a month ago. I bought it new but it says its a 2008 model.I have noticed that no matter what the heat setting is on the lower auger still feeds the same amount of pellets- the fire doesnt get much bigger no matter what setting you put it on. The bottom numbers are set to 6-4-1. Any thoughts?

Check the thermostat connector, perhaps it is missing its jumper if you are not running on a t-stat.

sorry i havent reposted on this but ive been out of town. I checked the t stat jumper wire and it is there and feels tight. I can turn the fan and heat settings up to 9 and still dont get much heat out of it. In my front room i can barely get 70 degrees when its almost 50 outside? I have tried several different brands of pellets and noticed a little difference but not much.

I suggest contacting Englanders T/S dept 800-245-6489 ... the different pellets that you have tried are they generally longer than 1" in length as bridging in the feed process can result in poor delivery of pellets to the burn pot equalling less heat

might want to check for a bolt in the hopper................

Status
Not open for further replies.