Pellet fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aint that the truth, Zeta. As a dealer in MA, I can tell you its a tough situation, as you already undoubtedly know. I ordered some Pinnacle pellets which were supposed to deliver in December (Pinnacle is a supposedly good pellet from the west coast....Im told there is no shortage there). Well, we waited, called, waited, called, etc......keep in mind that its gonna take roughtly 3 weeks to get them by rail, then we have to have them unloaded at a transfer yard and truck them here...$$$...all this adds up to expensive pellets. If the pellets arrive too late, we are stuck holding expensive pellets when the pellet prices historically drop (late april, May). Today we got good news! That railcar of mine that was supposed to ship in December? Remember that? Well, it shipped! To EUROPE! Thats right, the pellets got sold to someone in Europe instead....Im a bit peeved....first you wait and wait, and now they basically blow us off and resell them...I think thats ethically unsound, and I am not impressed with Pinnacle.

*sigh*

That's not good business practice at all. Look into Heartland pellets they're made by Pope & Talbott out of Spearfish SD. They're softwood, and yield about 9000btu/lb. Burn clean and hot. They do make a little more ash but I've ran my pellet stove burning them for 2 weeks straight without opening the door and they've never plugged my pot up.

Thanks, Shane, Ill check into them.......problem is, many pellet companies dont ship via rail, and shipping by truck from SD is a HUGE cost.....Ill try to check today.

They're a wood mill so I guess I assumed they would ship by rail. Hopefully so because they're good pellets. I'm not sure how much you would have to charge for them they go for 3.25 per bag here in Casper but were alot closer to the horses mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.