PELLET HELP!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nnysnowbelt

Feb 26, 2014
lowville ny
hey all! I am a first time pellet stove owner and just bought a new Harman p68. My question is what are the best pellets to burn in this stove. Some options are tcs, dry creek, Curran, and new England. I have a home depot and lowes a few minutes away also. Thanks!

The Harman bottom feeders a great at being able to consume lower grade pellets. Other can help you and rate your available pellets.

hey all! I am a first time pellet stove owner and just bought a new Harman p68. My question is what are the best pellets to burn in this stove. Some options are tcs, dry creek, Curran, and new England. I have a home depot and lowes a few minutes away also. Thanks!
Your stove will burn any of them The Dry Creeks probably have the least ash and may be the hottest as well. Your stove will compensate though. The TSC pellets can be very good if they are the hardwood pellets supplied by Maine Wood, if not then they are very ashy and a dark ash at that. The Maine wood version gives great heat. New Englands are ho hum pellets, ya they burn and make heat aren't the worst product out there etc etc. Curran I have not used but they are rated at 8200 BTU and 1% ash, so there are better ones on the market. When I buy pellets I shoot for at least 8500 btu, more is better and .5 % ash. Spruce Pointe for instance runs 8700 BTU but may be 1% ash, I don't recall at the moment but they are hota nd the ash is livable. But again at the end of the day your stove will burn any of them.

Your Home Depot might carry Stove Chows which are a middle of the road pellet.
meaning lot of heat but lot of ash...Pellets leave Ash.. some more than others.
Your gonna vacuum ash either way regularly..
Usually around 229.00 ton.
your Harman will do good with pretty much anything.. try a few bags of whatever you can find 1st..

Hello
Just got 3 tons for all this winter's heat for only $950!
We like it warm and toasty by using Doug Fir and Oakanagan Gold! Got free delivery and $50 coupon for anything else I buy at the lumber yard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 134

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 147
Hampsted NH but that may be too far.
They have less than 0.2% ash !
See pic
Click to enlarge
And its not just the ash, they are rated 9200-9400 btu. That's why I have them for mid winter. Down here on Cape Cod they cost a lot more than up in NH though. So I only get in two tons. I'll burn something else in shoulder season up till about Christmas or so.

Got 6 tons of DF but will only use 3 of them this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.