Pellet HELP???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kanastasis

Jan 4, 2010
Annapolis, MD
We live in Maryland and are trying to find the best type of pellet to burn in our Harman Insert. We have used 2 tons Lignetics but they didn't seem to have much heat out put on the really, really cold days, they did well on the milder days. We are currently burning a ton of O'Malleys...love the heat out put hate the fact that I need to empty the ash pan every 2 days...they burn really dirty! Any suggestions? I've also been told to try Hamer's or Turmans but havn't been able to find a dealer in the Annapolis area. We are willing to drive if necessary.

They sell Okanagan's at the BJ's in Pasadena, which isn't too far from you. Supposed to be one of the best pellets out there. I'd call to see if there are any in stock first (if you decide to make the trip up there).

you should be able to burn any pellet on the market with aHarman stove. look at the ash content on the bags when you buy them, the lower the ash content the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.