Pellet hot water heat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smwilliamson said:
Yeah...I'd like to have you drill a hole in the side of my new Harman XXV??? The heat in the stove in unaffected??? I'm doubtful.

lol! dont say that Scott! Someone will do it!

Countryboymo said:
I have a drill and a nice new bit... trust me I will be gentle.

Thats my favorite quote from Dentists, Lawyers, and Proctologists, the last two basically being the same thing.

I;n sort of curious about this myself. Yea I would never buy one till I had seen it documented as actually viable but hey people do invent new great things every day so I am willing to listen and watch on someone else's dime. Have any of the other sites had any positive or negative reports yet? As the pictured one is shown I could never have one on my countryside poking out the front like that but there is plenty of room to hide things on the inside behind the side cover panel. I would like to be able to heat my bedroom with under the floor radiant so I could lose the 1500 watt heater in my bedroom.

I don't doubt it could be done, but do doubt you can heat the water without an increase in pellets. Takes B T U s to heat the water. Other than that, the spelling was real bad.

Dont sound like a good idea to me. You will void your warranty. If ud like to heat your water with pellet, get a pellet boiler.

My Parents had a small loop attached to the outside of a "wood" sove. It tied
into the electric hot water tank and as I remember worked quite well.
I thought it might be worth a try. No holes though!

Status
Not open for further replies.