Pellet Insert for Heatilator A36C

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Owner

Oct 26, 2015
New Hampshire
Hi All,

I am new to owning a fireplace (first time living in a cold climate!). I have purchased a house which has a Heatilator A36C Wood Burning fireplace (which I belive is called a zero clearance fireplace).

I'd like to switch to a pellet insert. I am struggeling to deal with our local stove dealers. They seem very unresponsive and not very keen to discuss options - I assume because its busy season and they have more work than they know what to do with.

I have a Heatilator Wood Burning Fireplace - internal dimensions are width front (36 inch) width back (28.25 inches), height (23 3/8 inches), depth (22.75 inches).

I've been told that a Harman Accentra pellet insert wont fit but that a Quadra Fire Mount Vernon might. Its taken me a month to get to there. I literally have zero knowledge on this subject so not sure how an insert fits into the fireplace etc.

I was wondering if anyone had experience of finding a pellet insert to fit into this type of manufactured fireplace?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.