Pellet Insert in new construction, Help? Need some info from those who have done it!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfishjack

Sep 11, 2008
Northern NY
We have had a St Croix Prescott EXL for the past three winters and have loved it. But..all good things must come to an end.
My wife wants to in a Pellet fireplace now and take the free standing stove out. I cannot find any information anywhere
on the installation of a pellet fireplace insert into new construction.
Insert will more than likely be a Harman Accentra unless I'm talked into something better by someone here on this forum..

Do I need a Firebox?
Any Links you know of where I can see some pictures or information in what this will take.
Many Thanks

Catfishjack said:
We have had a St Croix Prescott EXL for the past three winters and have loved it. But..all good things must come to an end.
My wife wants to in a Pellet fireplace now and take the free standing stove out. I cannot find any information anywhere
on the installation of a pellet fireplace insert into new construction.
Insert will more than likely be a Harman Accentra unless I'm talked into something better by someone here on this forum..

Do I need a Firebox?
Any Links you know of where I can see some pictures or information in what this will take.
Many Thanks

Harmon makes a zero clearance kit that allows you to install this unit but you need to research everything about how to instal and where you plan to put it in because there are pitfalls along the way. I did the instal and dropped info and pics here you can search for it and see but if you are serious then it is some work to get correct and you MUST know exactly what you want for looks before you start as everything from the thickness of the tile or stone for the facia to the heigh of you hearth. You will need to know and understand exactly how high you want the exhaust outside so that you han build your headers high enough, then you need to fit everything and make sure you are plumb and level before you even install the Accentra unit.

You can IM if you want specifics...

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.