1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Pellet insert with look of two glass doors?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by keith, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keith

keith New Member

Anyone know of a pellet insert that can rival the looks of a traditional fireplace with two glass doors. I was going to get the Mendota d-40 gas insert with two doors but the gas prices scare me. I hate to lose my large traditional wood firebox view, but I'll have 3 enfant boys in and my wife doesn't want me to burn wood anymore in family room. The harman accentra pellet insert looked decent. Any others that look more flush mount out there and not "bay windowish"?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    It's going to be hard to locate such a species. Damn hoppers. Quad castille looks pretty good also the Enviro Empress looks pretty impressive. They won't be releasing it until around June though.
  3. moog5

moog5 Member

Loc:
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I have a freestanding Harman XXV. If I had to do an insert, in my opinion the best looking insert with a decent warranty is the Harman Accentra. I had a few problems with a vibration, but they finally came through and took care of it under the warranty.

With respect to infants, I used a Kidco Hearth Gate for piece of mind, as the glass on a pellet stove get's extremely hot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.