Pellet insert with look of two glass doors?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keith

Jan 17, 2006
Anyone know of a pellet insert that can rival the looks of a traditional fireplace with two glass doors. I was going to get the Mendota d-40 gas insert with two doors but the gas prices scare me. I hate to lose my large traditional wood firebox view, but I'll have 3 enfant boys in and my wife doesn't want me to burn wood anymore in family room. The harman accentra pellet insert looked decent. Any others that look more flush mount out there and not "bay windowish"?

It's going to be hard to locate such a species. Damn hoppers. Quad castille looks pretty good also the Enviro Empress looks pretty impressive. They won't be releasing it until around June though.

I have a freestanding Harman XXV. If I had to do an insert, in my opinion the best looking insert with a decent warranty is the Harman Accentra. I had a few problems with a vibration, but they finally came through and took care of it under the warranty.

With respect to infants, I used a Kidco Hearth Gate for piece of mind, as the glass on a pellet stove get's extremely hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.