pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalea

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
Hey guys looking for opinions, what is the best all around pellet stove insert,high btu output,multifuel and good looking.reliability.

Love my st croix york insert. few problems but it's been great so far.

For multi fuel large inserts I would only sell the American Energy Magnum. Not a huge fan of the company since they opened an e commerce store and sell direct to the public, but that insert, with the fuel pot stirrer cranks out 56K btus, has a 60lb hopper and can chew thru just about any fuel. I've burned grass pellets, NEWP, cardboard pellets, corn, etc and that stirrer just keeps grindin em up and spittin them out. Very simple also, no auto ignite but I call this product the "Chevy Truck" of biomass. No frills, no technology, just keeps on workin. And when its time to change the spark plugs, you can actually find them.

Love my new Harman accentra insert!

Pluses and minuses to all. I have an enviro M55 give them a look also.. It has some shortcomings like all of them but I like it. Do a search here and you can ready all about them.

Well as I expected so far a wide enough range of ideas,and of course none of them wrong.How about a twist on things,Anyone who owns an insert and regrets the make or model they bought and now wishes they had purchased a different make and or model,and for what reasons they should have gotten the other.

And I am glad everyone so far is happy with the stove they bought.But there must be a few regretters out there,my cousin is going to buy his 1st pellet stove,and I have 2 but freestanding so that is why I have asked you good people for your help,to help guide him to a great purchase.

thanks to all.

matt

Just another piece of advice. As you know, biomass stoves are complicated critters. Lot's of parts and pieces. Look for a stove with a good parts and labor warranty, at least 2 years (which by the way the stove I spoke of earlier does NOT have. Only 1 year parts only). Keep in mind that this warranty is only as good as the dealer who you bought the stove from. I would research your local hearth shops as much as the stove, since it sounds like your not looking to cheap out with a big box store or made in china stove.

good thoughts,closetest to me is deans stove n spa,rumor has it they are horrible for the after sale support etc;,so was thinking of palace ades in torrington ,ct

but they are all whores on the stove mark up as well

mtalea said:
good thoughts,closetest to me is deans stove n spa,rumor has it they are horrible for the after sale support etc;,so was thinking of palace ades in torrington ,ct

but they are all whores on the stove mark up as well

Their not much better sorry to say. :sick: :bug: :ahhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.