Pellet inserts in Preway manufactured ZC fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skibumm100

Feeling the Heat
I'm back to looking at installing a pellet insert into an existing Preway manufatured ZC fireplace. I have been leaning toward the Harman Accentra insert but I checked prices and it's around $3700 (after "rebates") for just the stove. I will also need to do a liner, hearth riser and OAK so I will easily top $4K for just the parts. At that price I'm not sure the payback is there once you factor in the cost of pellet fuel. I should've done this when Uncle Sam was pitching in. Anyhow, I've been thinking about getting a used stove for this winter and then keep my eye out for a nice, used high end stove over the next year or so. I do have a line on a Harman Invincible insert but I cannot find any dimension sheets or manuals on google (that are free) that show the critical dimensions. I particular I need to know how tall the fireplace opening needs to be to fit the hopper in the fireplace box. The Accentra I was looking at is available in three heights and I would need something 20-1/2" or shorter. I don't know if the Invincible will fit. Does anyone have a brochure they can post or refer to their installation manual and tell me how tall the opening has to be?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.