Pellet issues?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks HearthTools,

I checked your website already. I saw that you did not carry the auger. Too bad, I do need the auger.

I would LOVE to talk to Breckwell, but I left an email last Friday, left a voicemail Monday morning, and then left another email (to Ken) today. Nothing but static.

I have been calling the Breckwell Tech Support all along, nothing but a recorded message: "we are busy with another customer....please leave a message".

Too bad, it is really a darn good pellet stove!

bit_flores said:
Thanks HearthTools,

I checked your website already. I saw that you did not carry the auger. Too bad, I do need the auger.

I would LOVE to talk to Breckwell, but I left an email last Friday, left a voicemail Monday morning, and then left another email (to Ken) today. Nothing but static.

I have been calling the Breckwell Tech Support all along, nothing but a recorded message: "we are busy with another customer....please leave a message".

Too bad, it is really a darn good pellet stove!

It can take them awhile.

Ok Breckwell is a MFG...

I work at a stove shop serving a few counties around us. When people call me during this time of year (normally over by now but its still coming in!) they are lucky if I get back to them within a week. Between going to peoples houses and calling people back playing phone tag with their answering machines it gets to be a headache. I would give them some more time to respond.

Hey Everyone!, Think I finally licked this feed problem.

stoveguy2esw mentioned to me to take out the auger and to check the flighting. Guess what? The flighting at the very top of the auger was pushed back and sloping "out-of-true". You know, I had taken out the auger twice before when I had to replace the auger motor, but I overlooked the top of the auger where the flight had bent. I suspect that it bent when the auger jammed all those previous times before!

So, with some finely selected tools, I bent the flight back into place as best as I could. Looks like a warm night finally! The stove has been purring well. I still have to sift the pellets for all the dust and fines! Does anybody know of someone who sells a well-made pellet sifter? If so, please let me know!

It has been over seven (7) days, and I have yet to hear back from Breckwell. Can someone call the police down there in Texas and have someone check on them? If I ever do hear back from them, I think I will order a bunch of parts, just in case! I definitely want a replacement auger!

Thanks to everyone for your valuable help! I will apologize because I did not take pictures of the bent flight on the auger. If I ever get a new auger from Breckwell, I will take out the old one and take close up pictures of the damaged area.

bit_flores said:

stoveguy2esw mentioned to me to take out the auger and to check the flighting. Guess what? The flighting at the very top of the auger was pushed back and sloping "out-of-true". You know, I had taken out the auger twice before when I had to replace the auger motor, but I overlooked the top of the auger where the flight had bent. I suspect that it bent when the auger jammed all those previous times before!

So, with some finely selected tools, I bent the flight back into place as best as I could. Looks like a warm night finally! The stove has been purring well. I still have to sift the pellets for all the dust and fines! Does anybody know of someone who sells a well-made pellet sifter? If so, please let me know!

It has been over seven (7) days, and I have yet to hear back from Breckwell. Can someone call the police down there in Texas and have someone check on them? If I ever do hear back from them, I think I will order a bunch of parts, just in case! I definitely want a replacement auger!

Thanks to everyone for your valuable help! I will apologize because I did not take pictures of the bent flight on the auger. If I ever get a new auger from Breckwell, I will take out the old one and take close up pictures of the damaged area.

Its taken them longer then seven days to get beck to me this time of the year. Glad you fixed it. I know the feeling.

Pics would be cool

bit_flores said:

There is no need to go through breckwell for parts
and if you are not in a hurry I can order the parts I dont have.

Email me
All the info on your stove
Ser#
Year made
model
RPM of auger motor
Control Board type

I will check on a Auger kit for you.

Ser#
Year made
model
RPM of auger motor
Control Board type

HearthTools:

I believe I bought the stove in 1994 or 1995. Is there a year stamp on the stove somewhere?

I just bought and replaced the auger motor assembly. it is a 4 rpm.

Control board type is analog. Do you want me to open the side panel and get the info off the circuit board?

Most importantly: I definitely need a new auger! Can you get one of those too?

bit_flores said:
Ser#
Year made
model
RPM of auger motor
Control Board type

HearthTools:

I believe I bought the stove in 1994 or 1995. Is there a year stamp on the stove somewhere?

I just bought and replaced the auger motor assembly. it is a 4 rpm.

Control board type is analog. Do you want me to open the side panel and get the info off the circuit board?

Most importantly: I definitely need a new auger! Can you get one of those too?

That is what I meant when I said auger kit.
New auger and bushing kit.
I might have in stock a kit to change your stove to a 1RPM stove. Changing to 1 RPM makes the stove quieter.
New control board and auger motor. I have to look but it might have a new auger with it.

Your UL label with have the ser# and maybe a date.
You cant go by the year you got it. Some dealers have old stock
the last breckwell I bought was in 1999 and the last Breckwell I sold was in 2006

Well my rookie fix to the auger worked. The stove has been purring since last reported. The auger is feeding better than ever. Must had been the extra upward angle that I put on the end of the auger tip!

Why I am writing this? Because I STILL have not yet heard back from Breckwell. 11 days and no contact yet....

bit_flores said:
Why I am writing this? Because I STILL have not yet heard back from Breckwell. 11 days and no contact yet....

Thats the problem i had. i got the email after i got it fixed. I'm happy it worked out for you. when the breckwells are running,there a great stove.

bit_flores said:
... STILL have not yet heard back from Breckwell. 11 days and no contact yet....

It's now 19 days. Still no contact from Breckwell support about my tech support call about a broke pellet stove. Kind of makes me wonder how some companies actually manage to stay in business!

Status
Not open for further replies.