Pellet lesson 101

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi battle- hope you got your problem fixed before now- know how frustrating it is, good pellet service people knowing every stove is hard to find, a lot of people know a lot about some stoves, but the nuances are learned from working on that particular stove- and doing diagnostics from a distance is hard. Hopefully your dealer got it straightened out for you. I liked PelletON's suggestions above about the ash door gasket- it got me thinking, the base to stove housing has a gasket too, that could be a possible problem, and the ash door gasketing or the door not being in the slot on the bottom of each stove is something else to check. I've had lazy burning EF3s with the ash door not properly secured. Did you get those stoves cleaned?? I hate to be asking so late in the game but- when those stoves were brand new, and were first lit off, was the flame top being pushed over to the right inside the burnpot somewhat?? That would be being pushed a little to your left as you are facing the stove?? Thats my usual checkpoint that an EF2/3 is set up right on initial lightoff. If they are cleaned well, they'll do that on the lightoffs too. I've been away a while, hope you got all set.

Stovelark
Enviro EF3 FS pellet
Enviro Empress FPI AC
Enviro Kodiak 1700 FS wood

Status
Not open for further replies.