Pellet Maker looking for some more of your insights.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletMaker

Jul 30, 2009
Northeast US
You guys provided me with a ton of incredibly valuable information when I asked for your opinions back in July. Thanks again.

We are a new pellet manufacturer and will go into production early this winter. As I mentioned in an earlier post, some funding from our state is conditioned on us making no public announcement of our project until the state gives us permission. So we need to remain anonymous just a little longer.

I’d like to get you input again if I could.

Here is a link to a brief survey that will help us with our branding.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=7wrJrTGH1ATo3Fm_2f0Sle9w_3d_3d

Your thoughts are very important us and I thank you in advance for your input.

We will probably only keep this survey open for a few days.

Ghettontheball said:
make em cheap

If you make them good, we will buy.

I took yer survey, but I'm guessin' yer just some FREAKIN' SCAMMERHORN RIPOFF MOTHA---- FROM ALBIGENIAREIA. Remember, a fart by any other name would stink just as bad.
But, that's just MY opinion.

Ghettontheball said:
make em cheap

I think pook means to make an excellent pellet at a reasonable price.

There are already to many cheap(junk) pellets out there!

A few of use members have multifuel stoves. I would like to see some Alternitive pellets. Straw, switchgrass and so on. Make sure to tell the retailers to sell them economically. If they are not at a reduced price. No one will perchase them. The material is cheaper so the pellets need to be cheaper as well. Remember they will require more work for the end user. To high a price we will just burn wood pellets.

Just my 2

jay

Took the survey but I care more about what is in the bag rather than what
is on the bag.

hossthehermit said:
I took yer survey, but I'm guessin' yer just some FREAKIN' SCAMMERHORN RIPOFF MOTHA---- FROM ALBIGENIAREIA. Remember, a fart by any other name would stink just as bad.
But, that's just MY opinion.
Why can't we all just get along with each other? :)

jtakeman said:
Ghettontheball said:
make em cheap

A few of use members have multifuel stoves. I would like to see some Alternitive pellets. Straw, switchgrass and so on. Make sure to tell the retailers to sell them economically. If they are not at a reduced price. No one will perchase them. The material is cheaper so the pellets need to be cheaper as well. Remember they will require more work for the end user. To high a price we will just burn wood pellets.

Just my 2

jay

Is that pooooooook that's fishin' fer these ideas???????
Well, then, might be somethin' worthwhile here, after all.
jt, yer right, I'd love to be able to try out some different stuff, but ONLY if the price makes it worth the effort.
I'm s'poseta be able to burn damn near anything in the Revolution, and I'd like to find out if I can

hossthehermit said:
jtakeman said:
Ghettontheball said:
make em cheap

Just my 2

jay

Is that pooooooook that's fishin' fer these ideas???????
Well, then, might be somethin' worthwhile here, after all.
jt, yer right, I'd love to be able to try out some different stuff, but ONLY if the price makes it worth the effort.
I'm s'poseta be able to burn damn near anything in the Revolution, and I'd like to find out if I can

Yep, Me too! But they have to understand that I not going to pay $255.00 for something that will be harder to burn and add more cleanings. I just won't buy them! I will find the cheapest wood pellet and just burn them(in the shoulder months anyway).

jay

This was from another pellet site....they must be selling under the "Green Hot" name unless it's a typo.

September 20, 2009 at 8:09 am

After one year with a pellet stove here are some personal pellet burn observations, if anyone is interested.

Lignetics – $6.99/bag 10/20/08 Carr Hardware
Burned quite hot – blue-white flame. A bit of fly ash produced.

Green Hot Pellets – $8.37/bag 11/08 CSCF Lenox
Burned nice – not as hot as Lignetics. Smaller pellet size. Some jams. Not worth the price paid.

Heartland – $? (at house when we bought it last year.)
Not very hot burning. Do not jam much but they do.

Homewood – $6.99/bag 11/27/08 Agway Ballston Spa
Burned hot! Excellent. Bright yellow flame. Small size and “slippery” feel. No jams.

Surefire – $6.99/bag 11/28/08 Carr
Orangey-yellow flame. Good, but not as good as Homewood. No jams.

I agree with Jay in the fact we have multi fuel stoves and not that much in the way of Multi - fuel. Corn dry enough is hard to come by and I only know of one switchgrass brand and it is in the 250 retail area.

More Alt pellets or Bio fuels would be great. I have tried ECO BURN from California - very hot 9000 BTU's ash 1 1/2 % but the retail to our customers would have put it at 309 per ton. Know one will pay more then a super premium. We definitely need more pellets in the Northeast that can retail below 250 per ton. We have 3 new pellet mills producing pellets in the area and all have mill FOB that is too high. How can pellets be coming out of mills in other areas for 40 to 50 dollars less. When you add the freight it all ends up the same price. Are the mills in New England keeping their prices higher ( and making more Money ) so their pellets aren't considered CHEAP IDK?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.