Pellet Master stove, what should I expect?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

idaho

Jan 9, 2011
idaho
You guys were a great help getting me through some exhaust blower trouble on my whitfield. Now I am interested in understanding the Pellet Master. I don't have one, but my neighbor next to our business has one and I have picked up a bottom feeding stove of my own and am helping him trouble shoot his stove before I get mine installed if I still want to use the bottom feeder after trouble shooting this one.

The auger on this pellet master is freezing up. One concern is the fact that it was transported with ask and possible clinkers in it. It took some doing to get it to run, the guy who installed it worked the auger free but now it just seized up solid. I'm letting it cool down so we can work with it.

It seems to have only one auger speed and it is really slow. Also it on high setting only puts out heat compared to my whitfied on low setting. Should this stove be kicking out real heat, enough to make the top hot and make you move if standing directly in front of blower? When my whitfield is on high, you can only stand so close and your clothes gets to off gassing from the heat.

Anyway, I need to get some info on the auger issue. Wondering if clinkers have sifted down into the auger jamming it or if there are other issue to consider, and how hot should this stove get?

Thanks.

Wood Heat Stoves said:
yes
check out the bearing, clinker ring, and clinker ring turner.

pm me for the trouble shooting pdf..

include:
model, and your email address.

Thanks for the info. It's good to know there is someone else who knows these stoves. I got real intimate with it myself. I pulled the auger out and made sure it was free and it didn't help. Then we replaced the auger motor and the new motor fed much faster and so far it runs really well on high. We will test in on low and see if it has any problems. It seems to be a neat stove when it works. We just wonder if it is typically high maintenance or if it is only in need of some tender care.

I will try to find the model number and get back with you. We fired up my stove, we got two stoves, both bottom feeders. It's having problems too but we are using a test exhaust fan until the original is cleaned. The exhaust blower goes outside instead in the stove and the stove is enclosed in oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.