Pellet Mill In Troy Vermont

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewChurchill

Minister of Fire
Mar 31, 2008
Vermont
I heard a rumor that a new pellet mill is going to be opening up in Troy, Vermont.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Thanks, that sounds great. Especially since Troy is only 1/2 hour away from where I live.

Greeting: Actually, the proposed pellet mill in North Troy has been scrapped due to "wetlands" issues at the site. However, it was just in the local paper that the same people have signed an agreement to purchase the long vacant Ethan Allen furniture plant in Island Pond and begin making pellets there. Article says they hope to begin production by Feb. I understand they have already purchased the equipment and will be chipping whole trees and turning them into pellets. Only a few miles from my home so I'm hoping it will at least make pellet availability a little more stable.
FB in Vt.

Status
Not open for further replies.