Pellet mill New Brunswick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slls

Minister of Fire
Jun 9, 2008
central maine Lat 45
Now that Domtar pulp mill is closing is a good opportunity for some one in New Brunswick to open a wood pellet mill. Woods operators in New Brunswick need someone to buy there wood now that the mill is closing indefinitely .

As one who grew up and spent the first few years of early adulthood (after college) in Calais, ME and St. Stephen, NB, I agree that with the Woodland mill (where my father worked for 32 years) now down, this is just more economic strain on an area that suffers economically even in the best of times in the rest of North America. I hope you're able to get the Provincial Government interested in supporting such a venture, and maybe even get the State of Maine to go into a joint venture.
Keep us posted, please. :coolsmirk:

Again there are pellet mills operating in New Brunswick.I actually emailed the minister in charge of forestry allocation in regards to the shortage of pellets but the answer was in the direction that osb board ,which uses the same resource,employs more people and would come first before pellets. There is a mill set to open or maybe already operating within 20 miles of me and a huge one to be open next year operated by some giant european company within 100 miles,in addition to the existing ones.

So I would assume the European company pellets will all be shipped overseas, and not supply NB with any pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.