Pellet orders from Agway (Hillsboro,Peterboro) in NH ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhdblfan

Jun 5, 2008
Central NH
Interested in finding others who ordered from Agway in NH (Hillsboro-Peterboro).

Have you recieved your order?
If so when was it placed and what type pellets did the deliver?

If not,when was it ordered ?
And what are they telling you for delivery time?

thanks,
I odered mine in June,and still no pellets........

nhdblfan said:
Interested in finding others who ordered from Agway in NH (Hillsboro-Peterboro).

Have you recieved your order?
If so when was it placed and what type pellets did the deliver?

If not,when was it ordered ?
And what are they telling you for delivery time?

thanks,
I odered mine in June,and still no pellets........

Boy I hope you got em, isn't the Jaffrey pellet factory just like 5 miles down the road from that store?

Pelletsales.com is advertising LGs in stock (a friend is burning them and says they're good). A little pricey, but at least they're available. I've heard they are delivering with-in 2 weeks or so (out of Goffstown). I got mine from them back in July (ordered in June). You might want to give up on Agway at this point.

Ordered mine mid June received my pellets at the end of September. They were Westwood pellets from British Columbia. Have you called them recently ? When I ordered I was told the end of August to mid September. I started calling after the 1st week of September. The last time I talked to them they still had around 350 tons not yet delivered out of 2000 tons that were pre-ordered. However, they were out of stock.

I,like others,unfortunatly am paid in full for my 4 tons since second week in June.
I have recieved several 'two more weeks" since the end of August which does not do much for putting the pellets,that I paid for in my garages !!

Yes the plant in Jaffery is near then and that how I ended up ordering from them.They had a fire that put it out of commission for a few days.They,Agway,are also claiming that a plant in Canada burnt down and thats what is slowing deliveries.They,claim they are bringing them in from western Canada.I have heard form another member Westwood brand pellets.So far I have had no success in finding out if theses are premium pellets,what the ash content is or if they are hard wood or soft wood.I have a email into the former owner of the plant.

2000 TONS WOW that's @ 90 truckloads , one store, C NH must be full of Pellet Pigs :) Hog Heaven :)

PDawg said:
Ordered mine mid June received my pellets at the end of September. They were Westwood pellets from British Columbia. Have you called them recently ? When I ordered I was told the end of August to mid September. I started calling after the 1st week of September. The last time I talked to them they still had around 350 tons not yet delivered out of 2000 tons that were pre-ordered. However, they were out of stock.

Hi PDawg,
yes I spoke with him again last week,had to catch him on cell.Still goves the same "two weeks" he has been saying since August.
I also emailed westwood,the owner from that site sold the business and he forwarded my email.
What is the ash content on those pellets you recieved?does it say Premium?are the softwood or hardwood?
Thanks,

The bag does not specify hardwood or softwood it just says premium pellets. I have no idea of their quality since I don't have my stove yet. I called the Agway in Hillsboro today for pellets, they told me they would not have any in stock for another month or so, they have to finish taking care of all the pre-orders first, so there is hope for you. When they do come in the price will be 350 a ton.

Thanks PDawg,
you have been great,Its great I can get info from someone who has been down the same road.When I talked with the owner he said it was hard to tell if there are hardwood or softwood.I have email into them but doubt I will get anyinfo.
They told me by early Nov there would be more NEWP pellets comming and I would get mine then.
Any word on your stove? I have only tried mine twice (with the bag from Sams Pennnington) and it is pretty neat,fires right up and burns nice.No problem with glass getting dirty,I have outside air kit,so far but will see once I start burning them full time.
Thanks for calling them and the help Pdawg

Status
Not open for further replies.