1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan

Alan Member

Loc:
    Northern California
    I simply use an old 5 gallon paint bucket. Free! The top of my stove doesn't get hot, so no melting problem.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Panhandler

Panhandler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WV Northern Panhandle
    I bought the 10 gal galvanized bucket from Tractor Supply. I made three metal "teeth" about 3 inches tall and welded them to a flat plate which I glued to the bottom of the bucket. Lowered a bag into the bucket and gave a little push. The bag came right up out without the dust I would get from emptying into the bin I previously used. Another reason I like the pail is I don't always use a full bag and can top off the hopper without using a smaller scoop.
  3. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    I purchased a Pellet Pail this summer. I'll admit it is pricey although I think I got it on sale for the off season. I can tell you the thing is well built. It's about a 1/4 inch thick, probably four to five times as thick as a compound bucket. I would rather not use a metal bucket as I would be worried about scratching up the lid on my Quad Castile insert, I paid a bundle for the looks. If you settle the pellets to the bottom of the bag before dropping it in as instructed it works as advertised. I have not had to cut a bag yet. I have had no problems with dust using Lignetics pellets. The scoop they include is really nice too. I don't regret buying it a bit. I don't mind spending a few bucks on something I use daily. I'll post some pics and maybe a video when I get a chance.
  4. Smudge88

Smudge88 Member

Loc:
    Cedar Knolls, N.J.
    I keep a 30 Gallon tote container near my stove...since my 21 YO daughter can't lift a 40Lb bag..I keep it filled 3/4 with fuel...a cat litter bucket inside she can handle and she fills the stove no problem...pair of 1$ stove sciccors to cut the bag open on my end....I can fill from a 40 no problem...
  5. roadrat

roadrat Member

Loc:
    Maine
  6. Jester

Jester New Member

Loc:
    Seacoast Massachusetts

Hmm a jill Knife. I always wondered where them Lil Knifes came frum
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.